Follow me for all things beauty.

Thursday 3 July 2014

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - Is it worth the money?

The Smashbox Photo Finish primer is available at Mecca Maxima for $54.95 for the full size or $21.95 for the small size 12ml, which is what I purchased. 

It seems a little excessive in price and I was very sceptical to see why it cost so much so that is why I opted for the smaller, 12ml size, to try it and out. I got the green, colour correcting version, which is the same formula as the original, just green in colour instead of clear. But what you're probably wondering is.. Is it worth the hype? And is it worth the money? 



I have loved this product from it's very first use. I wouldn't buy the green colour correcting version if you actually want to colour correct or tone down redness, as when you blend this primer in, it becomes clear, and doesn't tone down any redness whatsoever. But.. Why you should buy this product is the way it functions as a primer, 

I don't have oily skin, quite the opposite really, but after a very long day at work behind a coffee machine, sometimes my foundation breaks down on my chin and nose and redness comes through. I find that with any other regular primer, including Benefit Porefessional, there is no different in longevity of my foundation wear at all. 

This primer keeps ANY dewyness at bay for me. If I wear this on a day where I don't have work, and my skin won't get dewy, then my skin still feels a little powdery even 12 hours later at the end of the day. My foundation doesn't budge, and looks the exact same than it did at the start of the day. 

Overall, this is the best primer I have ever tried, and I have tired many. If you're not too keen on paying over $50 for a primers then get the small size. I've had mine for over a month now. I use it everyday and have barely made a dent, as it is silicone based and you don't need to use a lot. 

Thanks for reading.

xo, JARNAHBEAUTY

No comments:

Post a Comment